Primary Residence Improvements Before Retirement
Before you retire, it’s a good idea to look around your primary residence. Are there any improvements or efficiencies that you can implement now? Look for big-ticket items that might hit you in the next few years. For example:
- How’s the roof? Siding? Gutters?
- Any remodel projects you’ve put off?
- Driveway in good condition?
- Windows in good condition?
- Furnace in good shape? Energy-efficient?
- Water tank – consider a tankless water system.
- Any property drainage issues?
The bottom line is to create a checklist of potential big-ticket items to plan for so they won’t blindside you while you’re on a fixed income in retirement.
Start Building Your Retirement Income
It’s never too early or too late to start planning for retirement. From growing your assets to decreasing your liabilities, our financial firm can help take the stress out of financial planning. Start growing a strong retirement portfolio today.